Friday, July 13, 2018

Week 3 Reflection

This week we tackled the issue of social bookmarking. This is a system where information is gathered from various resources and individual users are able to select or tag content for their own personal use. I had the opportunity to become reacquainted with Pinterest. This system allows me to research topics of interest and bookmark interesting content. The content is archived in my creative categories for later use and an opportunity for others to share. A question for me this week was how would I use this content in the classroom to further Learning? After reading some of the assigned articles I found that expectations of use and training must be utilized to obtain the best results. I personally like to use one in my classroom because it has a classroom aspect where I can share content and check responses. Students can take screen clipping from websites. They also have the ability to type, draw pictures, and add videos. I think that tagging and bookmarks will allow students to get in the habit of using resources and conducting research.  As we dive further into our content I am identifying the impact that Web 2.0 tools have on the education system. Teachers just need to find strategic ways to use them. Another great week is in the books.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Cornelius, I love your weekly reflection posts. I like the way you summarize the readings for the week. Yes, I got back on to Pinterest this week as well. I used to use it almost always when I was a full time digital marketing professional. It's great to know that you are seeing the reflection of your readings on the academic setup. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete