Thursday, July 5, 2018

Week 2 Reflection

For this week I addressed Topic 4 in our discussion post. The topic addressed the concern of face to face interactions vs online. In addition, it asked about the importance of knowing someone when communicating. I believe that the influx of social media into the classroom should be used in a targeted fashion. Social media can be used briefly to enhance lessons, however, it's important to remain on target with the content. I currently use Remind, Edmodo, and Plickers in class to enhance my lessons. Students are able to receive updated information, turn in assessment, and provide informal assessments to gauge student progress. In my response, I conveyed that people sometimes feel freer to express their views in an online setting. If they are performing these actions anonymously there isn't a fear of judgment. I learned from the text that it's almost impossible to participate in an online format without expressing specifics about who I am and my beliefs.

On a separate note, I liked reviewing the information on youtube channels. I subscribed to a new channel called dearmeatfordinner. This channel is based on a local guy who does and teaches about outdoor activities. I will think about creating videos of my own in the future. I also learned about the concepts of personal learning networks. I have been contributing to these networks for a while and they are a great way to share ideas. I look forward to learning more in this course. 

No comments:

Post a Comment