Thursday, July 12, 2018

I'm a Stick Carrier!

Stick Carriers are a group die hard Buccaneer fans and now we have our own facebook group page. Last year I joined this facebook group at the recommendation of my favorite podcast "Bucs Uncensord." The goal of this organization is to build the fanbase and support the Buccaneer team. This year we are having our second annual training camp takeover day.  On this day its our goal to show in force to the Bucs training camp and make it so loud that the offense has to go into silent count on its practice field. Last year I lost my voice the entire first week before school started. Our group fhas over six thousand members and we discuss all of the players. This group has been a great way to meet fans from other areas. Web 2.0 allows members to build other community networks that increase social interaction.

4 comments:

  1. Ha! I read "stick carrier" and thought "selfie stick." :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha Ha. I wasn't sure what anyone was going think about this post. It's an awesome group to be apart of.

      Delete
  2. I am also a part of a really good fan group. I think it is great you guys go out and support your team even in training camp. I really think that Web 2.0 tools have allowed us to stay part of a fan base that is constantly changing. It's nice to keep in contact even when you are not close to the team.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is an awesome post. I am a die hard Miami Dolphins fan, and try to make at least one training camp practice each summer. I could not imagine pulling off what you describe! Until this past year, most of us were sitting in the sun, withering. Kudos to your group. I am sure the players love it. Good luck this season and see you in the Super Bowl, oddsmakers be damned!

    ReplyDelete